New STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool from ST
Users simply drag and drop items and features to build custom dashboards with gauges, bar graphs, plots
The new STM32CubeMonitor software tool from STMicroelectronics displays runtime variables of STM32 applications in real time
while enabling developers to customize the graphical visualization
in their OS environment of choice (Windows®, Linux, or MacOS®).
STM32CubeMonitor provides an extensive set of powerful features that simplify access to valuable insights. Leveraging its graphical flow editor, users simply drag and drop items and features to build custom dashboards, and quickly add widgets such as gauges, bar graphs, plots, with no need for programming. By taking advantage of the Node-RED open community, STM32CubeMonitor provides an unlimited choice of extensions able to address a wide diversity of application types.
Native support of multi-format displays helps visualize the application behavior on host devices in various form factors such as PCs, tablets, or mobiles. STM32CubeMonitor also supports remote data acquisition, which enables users to monitor applications across a network and test multiple devices simultaneously. In addition, real-time watching of variables with non-intrusive real-time write capability helps fine-tune applications that cannot be stopped, such as motor-control applications.
Two functional modes let users work in a way that best meets their needs. The Design mode allows users to create and edit new monitoring user interfaces for specific applications, while the Operator mode supports straightforward deployment of pre-built user interfaces to enable vivid demonstrations and field testing. Moreover, STM32CubeMonitor adopters will be able to share their custom flows at the ST Community.
Features of the STM32CubeMonitor software include
- Graphical flow-based editor with no programming needed to build dashboards
- Connects to any STM32 device via ST-LINK (SWD or JTAG protocols)
- Reads and writes variables on-the-fly from and to the RAM in real time while the target application is running
- Parses debugging information from the application executable file
- Direct acquisition mode or snapshot mode
- Trigger to focus on application behaviors of interest
- Enables to log data into a file and replay for exhaustive analysis
- Delivers customized visualization with configurable display windows (such as curves and boxes) and a large choice of widgets (such as gauges, bar graphs and plots)
- Multi-probe support to monitor multiple targets simultaneously
- Remote monitoring with native support of multi-format displays (PCs, tablets, mobile phones)
- Direct support of the Node-RED® open community
- Multi-OS support: Windows®, Linux® Ubuntu® and macOS®
More information on the STM32CubeMonitor runtime variable monitoring and visualization tool is available on the ST Web site
STM32CubeMonitor software page.
STM32 is a registered and/or unregistered trademark of STMicroelectronics International NV or its affiliates in the EU and/or elsewhere.
In particular, STM32 is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The company's Web site address is www.st.com.
[Reprinted with kind permission from STMicroelectronics - Release Date, 3rd March, 2020]