ST Releases New Feature Rich ARM Micros in the STM32G0 Series
New features include Full Speed USB 2.0, CAN FD and dual-blank Flash program memory
STMicroelectronics has added to the STM32G0 range of Arm® Cortex®-M0+ microcontroller (MCU) series
with a number of different product models and new features including dual-bank Flash,
support for CAN FD and crystal-less USB Full-Speed data/host support.
The new STM32G050 Value Line and mainstream STM32G051 and STM32G061 MCUs add rich analog features and up to 18KBytes of RAM, with attractively priced package options up to 48-pins. In addition, the STM32G0B0 Value Line, STM32G0B1 and STM32G0C1 MCUs introduce new features to the STM32G0 series by integrating a USB 2.0 device/host controller and also dual-bank Flash memory. The STM32G0B1 and STM32G0C1 feature ST’s FDCAN peripheral for CAN bus communication.
With the new variants that combine a USB2.0 Full Speed crystal-less data interface supporting Device and Host modes, and a USB-C Power Delivery controller, STM32G0 allows customers to develop innovative use-cases leveraging dual-role capability to extend the interoperability of new USB-C devices. Now that USB Dual Role is replacing USB On-The-Go (OTG), STM32G0 can easily change between device and host roles and change between power source and power sink with a simple USB Power Delivery command. The FDCAN block provides two CAN 2.0 interfaces and supports CAN FD to help integrate innovative functionality in industrial systems and automotive diagnostics.
Cyber-security features provide state-of-the-art protection for consumer, appliance, and industrial applications, including secure boot and firmware update (SB/SFU), Proprietary Code Read-Out Protection (PCROP) to protect manufacturers’ IP, and a Memory Protection Unit (MPU) to assist task partitioning. A number of versions are available with accelerated AES-256 hardware encryption.
With these new additions, the STM32G0 series now covers package options from 8- to 100-pins, Flash density from 16KBytes to 512KBytes, and generous program-data RAM up to 144KBytes. Flexible run and static modes ensure low power consumption, up to the maximum operating frequency of 64MHz. The high-accuracy internal clock is extremely stable over temperature, and a precision timer with resolution proportional to twice the CPU frequency is included. STM32G0 MCUs have high noise immunity and are available in a number of different temperature ratings up to 125°C.
Features of the STM32G0 Arm Cortex-M0+ Value Line include
- Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ CPU, frequency up to 64 MHz
- Up to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory with protection, two banks, read-while-write support
- 144 Kbytes of SRAM (128 Kbytes with HW parity check)
- Reset and power management
- Voltage range: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- Power-on/Power-down reset (POR/PDR)
- Low-power modes:Sleep, Stop, Standby
- VBAT supply for RTC and backup registers
- CRC calculation unit
- Clock management
- 4 to 48 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator with calibration
- Internal 16 MHz RC with PLL option (±5 %)
- Internal 32 kHz RC oscillator (±5 %)
- Calendar RTC with alarm and periodic wakeup from Stop/Standby
- Up to 93 fast I/Os
- All mappable on external interrupt vectors
- Multiple 5 V-tolerant I/Os
- 12-channel DMA controller with flexible mapping
- 12-bit, 0.4 µs ADC (up to 16 ext. channels)
- Up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling
- Conversion range: 0 to 3.6V
- 12 timers: 16-bit for advanced motor control, six 16-bit general-purpose, two basic 16-bit, two watchdogs, SysTick timer
- Communication interfaces
- Three I²C-bus interfaces supporting Fast-mode Plus (1 Mbit/s) with extra current sink, two supporting SMBus/PMBus
- Six USARTs with master/slave synchronous SPI; three supporting ISO7816 interface, LIN, IrDA capability, auto baud rate detection and wakeup feature
- Three SPIs (32 Mbit/s) with 4- to 16-bit programmable bitframe, two multiplexed with I²S interface
- USB 2.0 FS device and host controller
- Development support: serial wire debug (SWD)
More information on the STM32G0 Arm Cortex-M0+ Value Line is available on the ST website
STM32G0x0 Value Line series page.
The STMicroelectronics website address is www.st.com.
[Reprinted with kind permission from STMicroelectronics - Release Date, 24th June, 2021]